As a TV contributor, I’m represented by the Past Preservers agency.
Over the last two years, I’ve appeared on Discovery, History, Channel 5, UKTV, Smithsonian and Science. In this topic area of the 1980s, I’m happy to be interviewed about:
- Riots and police tactics in the 1980s
- LGBT, AIDS and HIV in the 1980s
- Labour Party and left-wing politics
- Neo-Nazism and the extreme Right
- Television in the 1980s
- Fashion and youth cults like the New Romantics, Rude Boys, etc
I think it’s safe to say that I’ve changed a lot since the 1980s – in terms of physical appearance anyway. Like so many of my generation, I waved my 80s barnet goodbye as I embraced baldness and middle age. But, what I lost on top of my head, I traded in for a luxuriant beard adorning my face!
Otherwise, keep your comments coming here on a period in my life that was magical – and I’m sure you agree. It was a great time to be alive – if rather turbulent and crisis-ridden.